When you’re thinking about hiring an agent to help you market and sell your home, it’s probably a good idea to ask to see listing photos of homes they’ve represented in the past. A true real estate professional will go the extra mile to make sure there are plenty of high-quality, detailed photos to help market your home online.
At the minimum, the photos should be well-lit, the homes should be tastefully presented, and the photographs should appear to be taken by a professional. Less than that, and you might want to consider looking for a new agent.
There are, of course, major red flags you’ll want to look for in sample listing photos. Consider some of the following:
- No owners sunbathing by the pool in Speedos.
- No master bedrooms with lingerie models lounging in a red velvet four-poster bed.
- No bathroom shots in which the photographer appears in her bra in the mirror.
- No pics featuring the owners engaged in questionable activities in the background.
- No creepy dolls by the fire place.
- Seriously, no creepy dolls anywhere, not even in the living room!
Now, it may sound like I’m joking, but I’m being 100% honest when I say these are flaws seen in actual listing photos represented by real agents. What’s more, I can prove it.
See every single one of the above listing photo disasters in this slide show:
Incredible, isn’t it?
Please, whatever you do, be sure to hire an agent who takes their listing photos seriously. After all, you home is your largest investment!